Google My Business now gives local establishments the option of adding other URLs, in addition to their websites, to encourage users to perform certain actions via their listings.
1# Why provide additional URLs?
Adding URLs can result in more interaction with your Google My Business listing by encouraging users to do the following:
- View a menu
- Place an order
- Make an appointment
- Book a table
- View promotional offers
- View a list of the services offered (such as remote consultation, for example)
Disclaimer: some links from third-party services (LaFourchette, for example) are automatically displayed on the Google My Business listings and it is not possible to manage them from the Google back office. If a listing contains a URL registered by the listing’s owner as well as another URL from a third-party vendor, however, the owner’s URL will appear first, thus limiting any business the third-party vendor might get from the listing.
2# How do I qualify for additional URLs?
The URL fields available depend primarily on the establishment’s main category.
The following is an overview of the various possibilities:
- For the ‘View menu’ and ‘List of services’ buttons: available for ‘Service’, ‘Health & Beauty’ and ‘Food & Beverage’-type companies
- Search for articles: available for ‘Service’ and ‘Health & Beauty’-type companies
- Place an order and Book a table: available for ‘Food & Beverage’-type businesses (cafés, bars, restaurants, etc.)
- Make an appointment: available for ‘Service’ (plumber, electrician, etc.) and ‘Health & Beauty’-type (hairdressers, beauty salons, etc.) companies
- View promotional offers: this URL is not available in the Google back office but is visible for establishments in the retail sector
3# How to provide additional URLs on your Google My Business listing
- Log in to Google My Business.
- Select the establishment to which you wish to add a URL.
- Click on ‘Info’ to access the information editing interface.
- The available URL fields for your business can be found in the URLs section, beneath the website.
- Add the corresponding URLs in each field.
- Click ‘Apply’.
Get found …. Online!