Google regularly updates its guidelines for businesses using Google Business Profile (former Google My Business)….
How to make use of Google Posts on Google Business Profile
Since 2017, a new feature has been available on the Google Business Profile (GBP) listings of establishments – Google Posts. These are very effective for communicating news or events specific to your company.
1# What is a Google Post?
Google Post is an efficient tool for GBP page owners to talk about all the latest updates and events in their store/establishment. In principle, it is similar to a Facebook post on your newsfeed.
Google Posts allow you to offer discounts, announce sales, menu changes or even specific events such as exceptional closures or measures taken against the covid.
A post should be brief and to the point.
2# What should you put in a Google Post?
- One or more photos.
- A relevant title (up to 58 characters).
- Descriptive text (up to 1500 characters).
- A button to incite action, such as “Find out more”, “Book online”, “Call” etc.
- The desired url for the button in question.
Please note: Posts have a limited display time which depends on the type of post.
3# How to do it?
- Login to Google Business Profile and then on the establishment
- Click on “Create a post” or click on “Posts” in the menu.
- This will take you to the “Create Post” screen. It offers options to add photos, text, events and a button to your post. Simply click on each field and enter the required information.
- Once you have created your post, click ‘Preview’. If you are happy with it, click on “Publish” on the top right corner of the screen.
“Get found… online! »
Continue reading ...
Having optimised, up-to-date Google listings is essential for all businesses in the automotive sector. Dealerships…
Subscribe to our newsletter
Receive our best articles and practical guides directly in your inbox every month